Working from home is an unexpected change many of us have been facing over the past weeks, and with this change comes the adjustment of finding new ways to connect with our co-workers. Video calling software like Zoom are great resources to help us connect and keep our work lives as normal as possible. With the ability to see our coworkers comes the reality that they also get to see us, and sometimes the background view into our homes can be unprofessional or distracting. However, Zoom now has the ability to virtually change your background, so your coworkers can see you in whatever setting you choose! Read on to learn tips and tricks for your next Zoom call, as well as some free downloads to try for your next meeting!
Changing Your Background on The Desktop App
- In the Zoom app, in the top right corner click your profile and select settings.
- In the menu to the left, select Virtual Background.
- You will see a few virtual background default options supplied by Zoom. You can select one of those and your background will change
- To upload an image to use as your background, click the + icon beside where it says ‘Choose Virtual Background’ and select the file from your computer.
Changing Your Background on The Mobile App
- When you are logged in and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of your screen to enter the More menu.
- Select Virtual Background
- Select a background from the supplied options, or upload your own.
For Best Results
- Make sure your video is bright and evenly lit
- Use a location where you have a solid coloured background or a green screen for the best results.
- Background Images should be a minimum 1280×720 pixels.